Tuesday, April 04, 2006

 
THE THANK YOU PAGE

Ok, before I start in with the travelogue/journal I must get the thank yous out of the way. The following folks will be mentioned frequently, so I'll give them their due right now. You must imagine me reciting these as if I'd just become Miss America - wearing a long silk dress, holding a dozen roses, a fake tiara sliding off the side of my head; fake tears flowing, mascara smearing, lipstick smudging .... Ok, enough.

Coach Colleen - Coach Colleen has been a part of my world for the past 4 years. "A part of my world" doesn't really explain it. She's part of my brain. She's part of the family. I don't take two steps out the door for a workout unless Coach Colleen says it's OK. If she were a Scientologist I'd be a lost cause. Whatever the outcome of this weekend's event, Coach Colleen receives untold gratitude for telling me that I can do this then showing me how.

Wendy Mader - The Chicken. World Champion. Hero to all. Wendy has been my swim coach and spiritual guide for the past year. Over that time I've come to understand exactly what it means when her esoteric solution to a technique problem is "Just stop doing that." Wendy's encouragement and advice have meant a great deal to me. When this race is over I'll have to pretend I'm immediately doing it again so that I can stay in touch with her.

My Husband Skip - The short story here is that he's a terrific husband and my best friend. The details are that without his support during my training I would've never had a meal on a weekend, we'd never have groceries, the laundry would never have been done, the bills never paid, etc.

OK, on with the show!

Comments:
Oh, that's very nice. My pleasure. You've worked very hard for this. Relax and enjoy it now!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?