Thursday, April 06, 2006

 

MY LITTLE PONY

I have to take a minute to sing the praises of my bike. This is a very nerdy triathlon dork thing to do, but I have to do it. My bike is a Cannondale road bike. It looks similar to this picture.

It's about 4 years old, and I love it. I got it in Seattle to do my third sprint distance tri. The purchase was my way of saying to myself and to the world that I was going to stick with this sport for a while. It's not a high-end rig by any means, and it's a road bike instead of a triathlon bike. I love my bike. It's carried my fat ass up some pretty nasty Colorado mountain sides and kept me safe and steady as I screamed down the other side.

I got new (spendy) wheels for this race plus new aerobars plus a couple of other lightweight replacement parts. My Little Pony now rides like a show horse. I'm excited to give it it's first race outing with all the nice new gear. With the extra weight from my old wheels, aeros, etc gone my bike now weighs just under 20 lbs. I figured if I can't take 3 extra pounds off myself in 2 days then I'll take it off the bike. haaaa!

I have seen a zillion $5000+ tri bikes like this one around here, but they're almost just for show. I'll take my little steed any day.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?