Tuesday, April 04, 2006

 
I LOVE MY DAD

My dad is a terrific guy. He won't ever believe I actually typed that so let me do it again. My dad is a terrific guy. He's a very talented athlete who will always be faster and stronger than me. That's OK. I can fix computers. HA!

Anyway, my dad called me today to "check where (my) head is." That's something only a real athlete would know to do. We discussed the difference between hurting and being hurt in a race. (See FAQ for more detail.) It was a very cool chat to have. I promised my dad that I won't get hurt and try to soldier on during the race. It's interesting to make that commitment to myself and to others while I'm also steeling myself to push through the extreme discomfort and moments of unhappiness that 140.6 is sure to bring.

So, from one (very good) athlete to another (plod along) athlete, we have this thing sorted out.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?