Tuesday, April 04, 2006

 
DAY 1
Monday, Apr 3

Weather in Tempe - Highs in low 80's, slightly breezy. Bill sent me some info saying that the water temp in Tempe Town Lake is right at 70. Perfecto.

So far, so good. Today was busy getting ready to leave town tomorrow. Biggest job was getting my bike and a bag full of gear for shipment down to AZ. I'm using this luxurious service called TriBike Transport . They pick up your bike, put it in a truck, and drive it straight to the race site. Any of my tri pals who've gone through the anxiety of packing and shipping a bike to a race will recognize how sweet a service this is.

Anyway, I had to drive the bike down to Boulder to be picked up at a shop called Pro Peleton. Boulder's a nice place, but I always hyperventilate when I drive down there. Ft C has nice, fat wide streets and the drivers are ever so polite. ("Would you like to merge in? Why, here you go, pull in front of me!") Boulder's not like that. So, in addition to following bad, bad directions I'm dodging in and out of bumper-car traffic. By the time I got parked in front of the shop I was muttering out loud, "i don't need this right now... this is not good for my nerves ... why do I come down here..."

To add more humor and anxiety, I parked right in front of a day care and it was outdoor play time. As I'm trying to decompress and get my bike and gear collected the constant high pitched dog whistle scream of 4 year old girls filled the air. Y'all know how I feel about that.

Later on, my dear sweet pal Jenny came by to wish me luck. My dear sweet husband cooked a really good baked ziti, and I packed every single piece of workout clothing I own into my suitcase. It was a good day.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?